Thursday, June 20, 2013

Junie B. Jones....can you ever get enough? :)

I've been a busy bee lately working on more Junie B. Jones novel units!  I'm trying to get as much work as done as possible before my cousin's son comes to visit for 2 weeks.  It's going to be 2 weeks of trying to see as much of Oklahoma as possible - fun, fun, fun!  Anyway, I just love Junie B. - actually it may be Barbara Park that I love....I mean, how does she think of all the things that Junie comes up with??  I mean, I can honestly say I must have been a pretty boring child because I never once gave a single thought or care of what the tooth fairy might or might not do with my tooth!  As long as she left me some money, I was good to go!  So take a look at this hilarious novel and 42 page packet - Junie B., First Grader Toothless Wonder

Now, the next novel, Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business was one I could really relate to - ha!  (Kind of embarrassingly :))  Let's just say I really felt Junie's pain when she found out her new baby wasn't a REAL MONKEY...  It was raining on the day my grandmother took me to visit my new daycare/preschool and I'll never forget this little girl telling me all about the 'monkey bars' that were on the playground.  I couldn't believe it!!  This school had MONKEYS!!  I couldn't sleep that night (I'm from the desert so there was no worry that it would be raining the next day) just thinking how much fun it was going to be get to play with actual monkeys!  We were going to play on bars together!  Well,  it took me about 1.5 seconds the next day on that playground to ask that little girl where in the world were those monkeys she had told me about!  *sigh* I'm pretty sure the disappointment has scarred me for life and I still think having real live monkeys out on the playground would be super cool!  But I moved on....I decided 'painting' the wooden fence with water and real paint brushes was my favorite activity (yep, I was weird...) but every once in awhile I would still look for those monkeys...(weird, I tell ya!) 
Sooo, yeah, anyhooo, take a look at my novel unit - 35 pages to go along with this fantastic story.  There's even a mini-lesson page on metaphors!  Metaphors are something all children should be taught about before they're scarred for life also :)) 

2 comments:

  1. The Junie B jones books are so cute. I had a student this year who is JUST like her in every way! :-)
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a student just like her every year! :) Thanks for stopping by - thinking of you on your last few days of school - you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete